Sunday, 5 June 2011

Black Swan

Spoiler alert.

I always wanted to be a film critic. Not for money or professionalism of course just I love to slate films. In fact I like to slate EVERYTHING. yummy yum yum.

I was told this was a good film and so I watched it, and it was. I enjoyed seeing the attractive girls dancing around, I liked the mysterious character development and the what's coming next atmosphere. The simple test of whether I get along with a film or not is whether I watch it all the way through on a first attempt and in this case I made it right to the end.

The shitty stupid end where it turns out she's just nuts. Sorely, sorely disappointed. I'm not especially au fait with Natalie Portman's work but I thought Star Wars 1-3 were dire so I guess I should have suspected she was shit at choosing decent films to perform in. I saw her in an SNL skit and that was amusing so I guess I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Marks out of 10 for Black Swan? I give it 5, purely because the ending was such a let down and showed such a lack of imagination. Everything else was flawless and I would happily watch it again for it's artistic contribution and for inspiration. Such a shame, such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment