I was thinking of getting some T-shirts with atheist logos and/or statements on them. At first I thought most were pretty good but then I started asking my self the question about how inflammatory they are in public, e.g. I could wear a T-shirt that said "infidel" in Arabic, or even English, but that is just likely to get me in beef with the locals. I could get one that targets Islam in less aggressive ways, showing a Qu'Ran (Koran?) with a line through it, but even next to a Bible with a line through it still has racist implications.
I like my current logo on here "Hell - admit one", but then I thought to myself an atheist knows there is no hell so it's not a true reflection of my beliefs or knowledge. And that also meant that 4 nails + 1 cross = 1 dead motherfucker is also not viable, as it implies Jesus existed in the first place. Someone probably did fill that role around that time but it's still all a bit suspicious.
It left me thinking the only kind of slogan I could really sport was one that would be amusing to people already on my wavelength, and that kinda defeats the point unless I can recruit more to the cause by my actions.
So two blogs in a row talking about recruitment. I may have to give more thought to this. The Atheist's club? The Allied Atheist Alliance? United League of Atheists? I may have to do some facebooking on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment